Bengaluru, September 05: Karnataka Chief Minister Basavraj Bommai on Sunday noted that the issue of the border row between Karnataka and Maharashtra will be heard in the Supreme Court on November 23.
"The border row between Karnataka and Maharashtra will come up for hearing in the Supreme Court on November 23. An experienced legal team will be appointed to effectively argue on behalf of Karnataka," he said.
The Chief Minister said the issue had been discussed with the Advocate General and a study done. On the order of the High Court of Karnataka to consider CET (common entrance test) marks for admission to professional courses,
Bommai further said the Advocate General has been instructed to study the order and submit a report. A decision on filing an appeal in the apex court would be taken after consulting legal experts.
The border dispute between the two states has been a point of contention for a long time. While Maharashtra claims the border district of Belagavi was part of the erstwhile Bombay Presidency on linguistic grounds, this is presently a part of Karnataka. On the other hand, Karnataka lawmakers insist that the border row had already been settled by the Mahajan commission report.
.
.